; CFC Middle East: To simply love and be faithful

Monday, September 10

To simply love and be faithful


When I started out in the community as a member, YFC Qatar was just a chapter. The chapter head then was the only one left from their batch and everyone else are also new in the service. Our chapter, the whole YFC Qatar, was consisted of only just four or five households and for four years, this community has been through a lot. Good and bad.
The simplest feeling of being so grateful is one thing that we often neglect. Despite the good things that have happened, we let the struggles sink in to us first without reminding ourselves that we’re so blessed. We tend to focus ourselves on the problems we’re going through instead of focusing on what was set for us by Him. Personally, I am guilty.
Ate Joyce giving a talk during a national conference
It hasn’t been very easy when my leaders and the heads left for college.  That feeling of being so alone when almost everyone you depend on in this service is no longer there came to me. Everyone was new. Everyone was adjusting on how things will work the way they did before and being one of the few leaders who remained in the country, everything felt like a burden.  My start as a national head wasn’t very pleasant to me and to everyone else around me. It didn’t seem like a blessing but a burden. There were so many problems that all I see are the bad things going on. I came to the point that I was asking God, “Do you really believe I can handle all these? “ His replies are nothing but more difficulties but one thing that he’s been telling me is “these things aren’t hard yet “or “you’re not going through a tough time yet”. I’m guessing that if we we’re casually talking he’d tell me, “Cool story sis, I carried a cross and died for you”.
It was inevitable that our leaders needed to go on with their lives as well but one thing for sure is that the community didn’t start from zero and that God really did work through them.  Truly, I honor those leaders who have invested so much in me. From those 2 chapters in Doha to a chapter in Dukhan and another one is Mesaieed just recently; surely, we’ve been so blessed.  Four years ago, having 20+ participants in a youth camp is enough but when we prayed for 80 last month, He gave us more than a hundred.
Seeing what YFC Qatar is today just affirms me every single day that God is working in this community.  I realized that we all just need to endure and remain faithful because His victory waits. Our service everyday is to simply love and be faithful.  Just that simple. Nothing will be too hard for you if you just do these things. I believe that God has so many plans for me and the community. I may not see it now but He can because He is God and I am not. 
“My brothers and sisters, consider yourselves fortunate when all kinds of trials come your way, for you know that when your faith succeeds in facing such trails, the result if the ability to endure “- James 1:2-4
“My son, if you have decided to serve the Lord, prepare yourself for trials. Keep your heart upright and remain resolute; do not be upset in the time of adversity. Hold fast to the Lord; do not separate yourself from him so that you may be successful to the end of your days. Accept all that happens to you, be patient when you are humbled, for as gold is tested in the fire, so those acceptable to God are tested in the crucible of humiliation. Have confidence in him and he will take care of you; follow the right path and hope in him.” - Sirach 2:1-6


- Joyce Ann Clarize Galang, YFC Qatar






No comments:

Post a Comment