; CFC Middle East: Blessed with Twins

Sunday, May 13

Blessed with Twins


Liam and Lance


“Some days seems endless my patience grow thin. Why was I chosen to be a mother of twins? The answer comes clear at the end of each day, as I tuck them in bed. I realized that there’s two to kiss and hug, but the best of all there’s two to love.”

In my flesh I see the mark of God watching and feeling this miracle inside you, is such a wonderful gift that we have experienced. When we find out that we are expecting twins our initial reaction is shocked. It’s my first pregnancy and I have a lot of questions that needs to be answered. Many people wonder what it takes to have a twins.It feels so overwhelming at times, though I can say it was not that you all wanted it to be.

On my 12th week of pregnancy, I received a call from Philippines, mom was in ICU and she battles against her life in the hospital. She got very sick until then my siblings asked me to come home.  It was the saddest part of my life, my mom died. At this moment, I tried so hard to compose myself thinking of my current condition. It was quite inevitable, I was not prepared. Grief has overcome me, it is then I realized that the gift inside me is incredibly powerful, precious and infinite.  Death is a natural as life and all of us must deal with a death of a loved one at some point in our lives. It was a mixture of feelings, I remember Proverbs 3:5-6 “Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight."

I have survived almost nine months of pregnancy. I made it through the excitement of labor and delivery. October 15, 2011 was indeed a very special day for me and my husband Dexter, it is the day when we officially became parents. Two healthy baby boys where glancing at us, Liam Rylee and Lance Roven. 

As we head home and begin life with our babies. We frantically realize that we have no idea what we are doingNo doubt we heard a lot of stories about raising multiples, enduring days without sleep, financial constraint and other unhelpful things.  With valuable parenting information from our experience families, preparation and a positive mindset, I and my husband had put behind these fears but we focus ourselves on how to manage our twins.
Dionisio Family

Our journey begins on being able to get our babies in a synchronized sleep schedule, having two or more hours to ourselves each day while our babies nap. Feeding them successfully without stress or anxiety. Saving money on baby items rather than busting the budget.  Creating a routine that makes, feeding, diaper changing and household chores straight forward and manageable.

Yes, it was indeed two faces to wash and four dirty hands with two insistent voices making demands. Twice as much crying when things gone wrong.
 Despite of soaring prices in Dubai UAE and a lot more things to consider, God allowed us to be with our wonderful babies.  We believed that he has already arranged all our concerns yet before I conceived. As first time parents of twins it is difficult, rewarding and challenging at the same time. We will forever treasure these gifts from God that he has touched our hearts so deep inside  our blessings multiplied.

Jenny Dionisio, CFC UAE





No comments:

Post a Comment