; CFC Middle East: RUWAIS MISSION

Thursday, July 3

RUWAIS MISSION

 A week after our Mission Exchange in Salalah, Oman, we received a request to go to Ruwais and do the first two talks of Living as a People of God. Still on high from the Salalah experience and knowing that we came out of it victoriously with the Lord, we wholeheartedly said yes even if in the afternoon I still had to travel to Ras Al Khaima for the Service Team Empowerment of our 13th SFC UAE NatCon.

We went to Ruwais eager to share what we have witnessed and experienced. We didn’t mind waking up at five in the morning and travelling 2 to 2.5 hours. I didn’t mind driving that long. I was just excited to serve once again. I guess the fumes of our service from Salalah were still working.  Egging us to continue the work we had done there and continue to spread His word in Ruwais.

When we arrived in Ruwais, waking up early and driving for a long period of time were all worth it especially when we met our brothers and sisters, and heard one of them say the particular phrase:

“Uhaw sa teaching” - is what one of our brothers said smiling when we asked how the SFC community is in Ruwais.

Hearing this made me realize that we really are just continuing the work that we had done in Salalah. Just like Salalah, our brothers and sisters in Ruwais also need continuous teachings and guidance. It also made me realize that what the Lord said in the bible is true,  “The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few.”

Unworthy as I am, I’m thankful to the Lord because He used me as His instrument so the “thirst” (for teachings) of our brothers and sisters will be quenched. I’m also thankful that the Lord made me see the smiles of our brothers and sisters, the smiles full of hope that He will always quench their thirst.

May the Lord continue to quench our thirst and may we be His workers in doing so.

By Bro Earl Balolong
SFC UAE

1 comment: