; CFC Middle East: STEP OUT. ASK. BELIEVE. RECEIVE!

Monday, June 2

STEP OUT. ASK. BELIEVE. RECEIVE!

I have a goal every year to break a bad habit, to gain some weight, to pay off financial obligations or to achieve new professional certification. At first, I am so thrilled, and fired up, ready to go! But over time, I get lazy; I get complacent; then I lose my focus towards achieving it.

Along the way, I see a little improvement - maybe, but then I get unruffled right where I am. Do you feel the same way as I do? Where we are may not be an uncomfortable place, however, we know and are fully aware that it’s not where we are supposed to be. We are not stretching our faith every day, every hour in our daily life’s processes. We are not pursuing the excellence that God has placed in our hearts and promised to fulfill into our very own lives.

When I looked back at my goals list of 2013, I have never imagined that I had officially become a member of SFC in Chapter 2B4, though I have not captured this item in my goals list. One thing I have realized though - stepping out of my comfort zone. Yes I did, at long last, after searching and wandering around the emirates for the past seven years. Where have I been to? I have been encapsulated in my comfort zone, believing I have arrived where I needed to.

Abraham, one of the heroes of faith in the Old Testament, obeyed God, and followed Him all the way to the Promised Land of abundance in Canaan. Abraham’s father, however, stopped along the way and settled in Haran (Genesis 11:31), feeling it was good enough but missing out on God’s best. Having read this story made me recognized that I fell into a complacency trap. I did not take any more spiritual efforts to stay filled with stronger faith than it takes to develop a negative attitude. 

At an earlier age, I have contemplated that people who see their dreams come to pass, are people who have some resolve, some resilient backbone; people who refuse to settle for somewhere along the way, just like Abraham. As I am approaching to celebrate my three decades in life, I feel humbled that I did not refuse to become a better individual; to accept the things that I cannot change, but to believe more that God’s promises are His best and for my best, no matter how long He has pursued me to get out of my comfort zone.

However, my winding road may be challenging to travel, I have no doubt I can go any farther, and will succeed my most desirable goal that God has promised me to accomplish. Perhaps, any one of us started with big dreams planned in goals list - to excel in our careers, excel as members of the family or as parents, excel in our relationships, or excel in our journey with God. Possibly, like Abraham’s father, you have also settled halfway, and you have gotten comfortable where you are. 

I consider we all need to challenge ourselves every day by saying, “I dare to step out of my comfort zone today. God has so much more in store for me. I will keep pursuing, and keep believing. I am going to reach my full potential in God, and inspire others the way He has inspired me. I am made for more than good enough. I am going to trust God to achieve my best.”

No matter how difficult our current situation is, have we stretched enough our faith to believe God for more? Now, when was the last time you allowed God to help you step out of your comfort zone? Don’t stop halfway. Step out. Ask. Believe. And receive!

By Bro Ernesto Nistal Quider, Jr.
SFC UAE

No comments:

Post a Comment