; CFC Middle East: What Are You Living For?

Thursday, November 21

What Are You Living For?


"Little children, you are from God and have overcome them, for He who is in you is greater than He who is in the world." 1 John 4:4

Every day in our lives we encounter different people, different moods, and different scenarios. Sometimes you might feel you're just going in circles: waking up, eating, bathing, preparing for work, undying stress at work, going home, and return to bed and sleep. At times, I tend to tell myself that my life is a Déjà vu. In one of my “emo” (being sentimental) nights, I realized nothing's changed. Did I make something different today? If doing the same things all over again means changing nothing...  then to what am I living for?

We must face the reality that all of us desires for a greener pasture. Some may answer they are living for their family, for their dream, for money and success, or for themselves, but no one for God.

As I looked back on the days when I was working for myself alone, there's no direction and no progression at all. I feel the recurring rejections and failures. I always end up broken. I don't know what am I doing and where am I going, I was lost. And then, I realized that I was actually seeking God throughout my lost.

I found His investment at the Cross. Through this Cross, we are saved. By simply being called the children of God, we become His investments, too. Building a relationship with God is a secured partnership one could ever have, and I thank God for giving it to me. In entering into this partnership, it is not my plans anymore, but His plans for me to proclaim His greatness. To live out life not for myself but the Christ in me, is the best long-term investment that I am working hard for, and be rewarded in heaven for an eternal life.

May God bless us all!


By Sis Nikki Joy Ines
SFC UAE

No comments:

Post a Comment