; CFC Middle East: LOST AND FOUND

Thursday, November 7

LOST AND FOUND

As we journey through life, we all experience either smooth or rough roads, calm or stormy seas, serene or turbulent flights. I, too, had my fair share of ups and downs in my journey of becoming a better, if not the best, version of myself.

When I was still in the Philippines, I had the chance of enjoying all the fun the world can offer.... no limits! That was the time when I started working and make money for myself. At that time, I had an eight-to-five job during daytime and later at night people would see me singing in an acoustic bar. That part-time job led me to the windows and doors of all the vices. Almost every night, I would come home wasted. I was then enjoying the freedom of "no curfews" and "no parents" checking on me. Not to mention, I had the best party-buddies back then. That lifestyle went on for almost two years.

In 2006, I had the opportunity to come to Dubai. It was life-changing or just right to say, it was God's perfect plan for me. Few months later, I became a member of the CFC Singles for Christ community and little did I know, I just found myself actively serving God. The transition was never that hard because I had a very strong support group who carried me through.

Now as I look back, I'm grateful for the experience because it molded me to what I have become. I may have taken wrong turns along the way but it was worth the journey. I may be once a lost sheep but God never stopped searching for me. That's one thing I know for sure, I may still not be the best version of myself. Occasionally I may stumble still, but I will keep on walking for I know God will never get tired of reaching for my hand.

By Sis Toni Mae Kuizon
SFC UAE

No comments:

Post a Comment