; CFC Middle East: A Family's Blessing

Monday, June 24

A Family's Blessing

Being a blessing doesn’t mean that you need to do big or important things to others. We don’t need to be wealthy to help. We don't need to give money, or anything, for us to bless them. A simple smile is a blessing. Saying thank you to your colleagues at work is also a blessing. The little things we do that we would usually think as nothing, sometimes meant a lot for others. Those little things matter the most and may lighten the load carried by others. 

Being part of the CFC - SFC Family is one of the biggest blessings for me in addition to my best blessing --- my family.  During my SFC days in the Philippines, we had an outreach program in an orphanage. It was a tearful experience but at the same time I felt joy.  It felt tearful because I saw and felt the longing in eyes of the little children; they long for their parents.  On the other hand, I enjoyed the outreach and had fun because I witnessed how they appreciated the little things you do for them.  Little things like the food that we gave, the toys and the hugs we shared with them.  I felt for that moment, they made us a part of their family.

To those who neglect and take for granted their families, may they realize how blessed they are because others long to be in that place. The kids in the orphanage pray with all their might to have a family of their own.  For us all, who have been given the opportunity to have a family, may we realize how important the gift of family is before it's too late. Our families, indeed, is one of God's greatest gift to us.
 

By Bro Renan Illescas
SFC Middle East

No comments:

Post a Comment