; CFC Middle East: Peace Be With You

Sunday, December 9

Peace Be With You



Reflecting on the Second Week of Advent – Candle of Peace


 I am setting the mood right --- I pressed on play, and my favorite “Home Alone” movie soundtrack echoed in the room. Instrumentals and angelic voices of a children’s choir complemented my desired serenity tonight.

Christians had just lit the candle of peace in the Advent wreath. By now, children are eagerly planning for activities, waiting for their winter break. Grownups are going crazy over the year-end deadlines at work while doing some Christmas shopping on the side lines. Others are too busy packing for their homecoming. Weddings, reunions, company parties filled the weekly calendar. Yet for us, this is the time of Advent wherein we are to reflect on why peace is essential in our preparations for the birth of Christ.

For many years, I have defined peace as having that quiet moment with myself. But later on my spiritual journey, God led me into the reality --- true peace is believing that despite my sinfulness, His forgiveness is always available through Christ, and that I too, can give Christ’s peace by forgiving others.

Amidst the overwhelming schedule that this season demands, let us hope to achieve true peace by receiving the Sacrament of Reconciliation and by making a concrete decision to forgive those who have hurt us. Not only because it’s what this season requires; but more so, it is the best offering we can give when we’re down on our knees paying homage to the King of peace!


Dear Lord,

May the peace of Christ dwell in our hearts especially at times when we’re too caught up with life’s demands and uncertainties. And may our waiting moments prepare us for Your greater plan. Amen.


by Sis Maru Santos
SFC UAE

No comments:

Post a Comment