; CFC Middle East: Candle of love

Thursday, December 27

Candle of love



Reflecting on the Fourth Week of Advent – Candle of Love

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." - John 3 :1

The Candle of Love signifies the Angels' declaration of the Good News ... the Savior is coming!
God’s Love.
One of the best gifts I received from the Great Father is the ability to acknowledge all the blessings that I have been indulging in my everyday life.  Of how God's love is present in every people I encounter, on how I am able to win every trial, in every food that I partake, in every reason to smile, even to cry…. in everything.
More often, we focused on God's love through all His blessings. And lately, I realized that the fullness of God's love is far more than what I had always thought.
Weeks ago, I had a conflict with a dear friend. For some reasons, the more that I was hurting; the more that I become more loving. And at some point, I was affirmed that it is hard to beg for love. In my moment of reflection, I realized how hard it is to keep on loving people, even if circumstances cause you to hurt so much.
I had a pinch of how it feels, when people turn their back on Jesus, make fun of Him, hurt Him and yet, He showed nothing but love in dying on the cross for all of us.  If that did hurt, imagine how the Father felt for His dying son.

"For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him." - John 3 :17
Surprisingly, in that moment of loving and hurting at the same time, I felt so much peace. I realized how the Lord loves me so much, that He is able to condition my heart to love unconditionally and reflecting on it, I realized how great it is to live a life , where you are able to love even at the darkest times.
As we are all aware of God's ultimate love for us, most of us fail to understand that the fullness of God's love can only be achieved if the same level of love magnify from God, through us, to other people.
Christmas is a season of love as it marks the coming of the Savior which saved us all by dying on the cross. It signifies Father’s great love as He sent His only Son, to live with us, and to die for us.  
But as we share our own version of "giving love" through giving gifts and presents this Christmas Season, may we all realize that the best gift of all is love. Receive Great Love. Give Genuine Love. Live to Love.

"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres".- I Corinthians 13: 4-7

- Sis Shayne Navarro, SFC UAE

No comments:

Post a Comment