; CFC Middle East: A daughter's love for her family

Thursday, July 26

A daughter's love for her family

(Honoring parents on the occasion of the Feast Day of St. Joachim and St. Anne, Parents of our Blessed Virgin Mary – July 26)

I love my family.

My dad and my mom are the best persons I’ve ever known. I believe they were hand-picked by God to be our parents so that we would experience genuine love in this world. No one can imagine the sacrifices they’ve made just to give us a good life. The hard work they’ve put up to, just so we can be together here in the UAE as one family.

Even up to this time, their selfless deeds remain countless. I have two younger brothers; one is 24, a special child and the other is 11, a wonder boy! Both of them continue to be that “bundle of joy”. We were blessed to have a close family relationship. We enjoy the simplest things --- being together in the living room watching a movie; going out and passing by “drive through” eating McDonald’s Happy Meal; or having simple conversations over dinner. These are just a few of our family-bonding.

But just like any other families, we also had our shares of trials and triumphs. It was a few years ago, my brother got really sick and we thought that he wouldn’t survive. He was in the ICU for weeks and all of us were too tired, too exhausted and too emotional to even prepare ourselves of what’s coming. It was those trying times that I witnessed how my parents remained hopeful and yet also willing to accept the plan of God for our family. How their sorrows shown and how that sadness turned into profound joy when God’s miracle unfold after my brother received the sacrament of “Anointing of the Sick”. He was completely healed. 

My parents got married at a very young age. When they became husband and wife; a father and a mother, they’ve become responsible individuals. Maybe they didn’t know the weight of their responsibilities then. But when it was already happening before their very eyes, I can say that my parents were able to honor what the Sacrament of marriage is and they’ve become faithful to the sacredness of what a true family is --- intimate & intact in God.

Santos Family
I would like to honor my dad for the kind of father that he is --- provider, protector and the priest of the family. In the same way that I honor my mom for her beauty, compassion, love and sacrifices.

Indeed, God knows that Mar and Lolit were destined to do greater things --- to be the best parents Maru, Marlo and Dylan could ever have!  

by Sis Maru Santos, SFC UAE 

 Please find link from CFC Middle East website the sharing of Maru's parents Parenting after God's own heart 
 
Thank You dear Father for all our dads and moms, papas and mamas, for Your absolute love through them.  We ask our dear St. Joachim and St. Anne to bless the hearts of each father and mother in our midst, that they may support, accept and love each child they are gifted with. Amen.

  


No comments:

Post a Comment