; CFC Middle East: St. Anthony of Padua

Wednesday, June 13

St. Anthony of Padua

For whatever you are looking for, may his special intercession be upon you :)

St. Anthony of Padua
Patron of Seekers of Lost Articles

Patron of the Poor

"Blessed be God in His angels and in His saints."
O Holy St. Anthony, gentlest of Saints, you love for God and Charity for His creatures, made you worthy, when on earth, to possess miraculous powers. Miracles waited on your word, which you were ever ready to speak for those in trouble or anxiety. Encouraged by this thought, I implore of you to obtain for me (state request here). The answer to my prayer may require a miracle, even so, you are the Saint of Miracles.
O gentle and loving St. Anthony, whose heart was ever full of human sympathy, whisper my petition into the ears of the Sweet Infant Jesus, who loved to be folded in your arms; and the gratitude of my heart will ever be yours. Amen.

Prayer to St. Anthony

Gentle Servant of God St. Anthony, Help me find ways to honor God's blessings by showing my love for all of God's creatures. Share your strength that I may cope with the trials and troubles of daily life. You, through whose voice the Word of God was preached, intercede for my need (mention your special request here). Powerful Patron, be with me always and teach me to reach out in love and support to others.
AMEN

Prayer for Lost Objects

Saint Anthony, when you prayed your stolen book of prayers was given back to you. 
Pray now for all of us who have lost things precious and dear. 
Pray for all who have lost faith, hope or the friendship of God. 
Pray for us who have lost friends or relatives by death. 
Pray for all who have lost peace of mind or spirit. 
Pray that we may be given new hope, new faith, new love. 
Pray that lost things, needful and helpful to us, may be returned to our keeping. 
Or, if we must continue in our loss, pray that we may be given Christ's comfort and peace. Amen.

PRAYER TO ST ANTHONY TO FIND LOST ARTICLES 


St Anthony , perfect imitator of Jesus, who received from God the special power of restoring lost things, grant that I may find … which has been lost. At least restore to me peace and tranquility of mind, the loss of which has afflicted me even more than my material loss. With this favour I ask another of you; that I may always remain in possession of the true good that is God. Let me rather lose all things than lose God, my supreme good. Let me never suffer the loss of my greatest treasure, eternal life with God. Amen. 



A PRAYER OF THANKSGIVING TO ST ANTHONY 


O Glorious wonder-worker, St Anthony, father of the poor and comforter of the afflicted, you who have come with such loving solicitude to my assistance, and have comforted me so abundantly; behold your feet, here to offer you my heartfelt thanks. 

Accept, therefore, this offering and with it my earnest promise which I now renew, to live always in the love of Jesus and my neighbour. Continue to protect me with care and obtain for me the final graces of being able one day to enter the kingdom of heaven, there to sing with you the everlasting mercies of God. - Amen

13 June is St. Anthony of Padua's Feast Day

No comments:

Post a Comment