; CFC Middle East: One Hope

Wednesday, December 5

One Hope



Reflecting on the First Week of Advent – Candle of Hope

During the first Sunday of Advent, we light the first purple candle---the candle of hope. It is indeed a very apt description for the first candle. The people of Israel were all waiting for the coming of the Messiah; a Messiah that would take them out of their misery, poverty, and slavery.
Fast forward today…do we await His coming? Are we still excited for Christmas because of the real reason behind the season? In Romans 12:12, we are reminded: “rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly in prayer.” While waiting, while hoping, while wishing, rejoice!
Asked to write a reflection, I thought of my current situation, I’m in a foreign country, I lost my job, and my visa will soon be cancelled. I admit it rattles me at times. The uncertainty of the future can lead you to doubt. But as I would always tell myself whenever I am veering towards thinking that I am going through tough times; “I'd rather focus on the truth that I'm not going through this alone. He is with me”
I am led to be assured that the Lord is in control of my life. Hope should not depend on your circumstances; hope is in the Lord. And then I would move from being scared to being excited for I know He will always have the best plans for me. And this Christmas is no different. We have a birthday celebrant who looooves giving gifts. Now, I’m all the more excited for Christmas. Yes, hope springs eternal to those who believe and trust in the Lord.

What do you hope for? Always remember that Jesus Christ, our faithful God, is our hope. Now may the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that you may abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.” 

Romans 15:13
Let us rest our hope in Him. Jesus Christ loves us. Need more assurance than that?

by Sis Cheche Espinosa
SFC UAE

No comments:

Post a Comment